Saturday 3 October 2009

Goole


Goole dockside - cranes, two water towers and no boats!

A couple of days ago (1st October) we had a trip to Goole.

We caught the train from Scarborough and changed in Hull and were in Goole two and a half hours after leaving Scarborough.

Goole is an inland port on the River Ouse in East Riding of Yorkshire. It was my first visit, and I had taken my camera along in the hope of getting some good shots of boats. However, the tide was not in my favour, and we saw no boats, but a few cranes and two water towers loomed over the docks!

The weather was good, and this helped. We had a walk along the river, saw the mudflats and a few resting herons. But no boats!

We had dinner in the cafe in the market. The market cafe served good, down to earth, honest food at good prices. I had a big cup of superb tea, and bacon, two fried eggs, and chips for my dinner. It was very good food, and not surprising that market cafes have a devoted, loyal customer base. We will eat there next time we go to Goole.

Next time we go, I hope the tide will be in our favour and that I get chance to photograph some boats!

No comments: