Monday 31 August 2009

Whitby

Last Saturday - 22nd August - we went to Whitby. Unlike many occasions when we've been to Whitby, the weather stayed fine and so I managed to get some good photos taken from the top of the cliff near the Abbey (after climbing the 199 steps to get there!) Also it was nice to look round the Abbey just after it opened at 10am. I recommend a visit to Whitby Abbey - the stonework is beautiful and intricate (great for black and white photos) and the views from up there are very good.

Whitby is popular with Goths and Dracula fans, and there are great fish and chips - we tried Quayside fish and chips to eat out, and they were very good and freshly cooked. We've also eaten at Magpie but the place is very popular so you need to queue, often right along the pavement.

I think our next trip out will be to Durham, I've never been there to look round but I hear from people who have that it's very nice.

No comments: