Friday 10 April 2009

There's slow - and then there's Firefox

I have three browsers installed on my computer - Internet Explorer, Opera and Firefox. My preferred browser is Opera, but today I decided to load up Firefox.

What a stupid idea - Firefox takes an age to start, runs slowly and pops up irritating messages about needing a "Quicktime plug in" (even following advice on this issue has not made the slightest bit of difference to this most stubborn and appallingly slow of browsers).

Firefox is always raved about but I have no idea why. I have put up with the little quirks of several of its incarnations but the latest version is the slowest program on my computer. I don't mind other Mozilla programs, such as Thunderbird e-mail, but Firefox is the biggest load of crap to ever be installed on a computer.

No comments: