Sunday 19 October 2008

Young carers

I know how they feel! Helping those kids who have to look after a sick or disabled relative is a very worthwhile cause.

I remember being in that situation when I was 14 and having to take time off school - it was like going to school and then coming home and going straight up to the hospital, or having to get stuff from the chemists and do the shopping and other housework.

I remember having no one I could talk to about it, losing friends because no one wanted to hang around with someone who had to stop in to look after a sick grandparent and feeling very lonely.

Alot of the kids who are carers have alot more stressful time than I had, and providing activities and holidays for them is something very worthy. Please visit this site to find out more.

No comments: