Monday 29 September 2008

The Orchestra

Last night we went to see The Orchestra at Scarborough Futurist. The Orchestra is made up of members of ELO and ELO Part 2.

There was a big crowd, and we had to queue to get inside, the queue stretched quite a way along the street.

We listen to ELO CDs alot, mostly when we are relaxing with a beer on a Saturday night, and so the songs are ones I am used to listening to as I enjoy a good beer. I have also used several on my holiday videos. The first song of the night - "Twilight" - was one I used on a section featuring a boat ride in Zeebrugge and the ride back from Zeebrugge Strand station! 

There was a good mix of ages there, proof that the music appeals to kids as well as those in their thirties and forties.

All my favourites were sung - "Telephone Line", "Sweet Talking Woman", "Don't Bring Me Down" etc. It was the first proper concert I'd been to, apart from going to see an ELO Tribute band at The Spa back in July.

To find out more about The Orchestra visit their website here.

To visit the site of the ELO Tribute band we went to see, click here

Before the concert we stopped off at our favourite pub and had a De Koninck beer.

No comments: