Thursday 27 March 2008

Travel

Travel is one of my passions. There are so many places I would love to visit, and sometimes I will just go and get a travel brochure from the travel agents just to browse through.

I would like to see Japan and go on the Bullet Train, visit Singapore, Australia and New Zealand again, Canada, South America - the list goes on.

Pity I can't afford to actually see those places, but I like to see them on TV and read about them.

Currently my favourite holiday spot is Belgium - we have had holidays in Brussels, Brugge, Mechelen and Oostende, as well as visiting many places by train while we are there. We have spent the past two Christmases in Brugge, where there is a big ice skating rink in the market square, stalls selling snacks and very welcome hot drinks (the chips are very good too!) and a fabulous atmosphere.

We are going to Oostende again this year, and hopefully the weather will be good. When we had our holiday in Brugge in 2006 it was very hot (especially when we went to Zeebrugge) but in Oostende last year it was not as good for weather and we saw more rain.

When we go on holiday we always fly.

No comments: