Saturday 13 December 2008

Reading

Over the past few weeks I have been reading some of the books written by Joyce Stranger, who wrote some brilliant animal stories.

The first Joyce Stranger book I read was "Kym" about a Siamese cat, and after reading that I would buy any Joyce Stranger book I saw in the shops, so I had quite a good selection. One of my favourites is "Casey" about a farm kitten which makes friends with a bull.



However, the books I have read recently have all centred around the Lakes. The first one, about a sheepdog which is born wild and then becomes tame and devoted to a small boy was called "Rex".



The last one I read was "The Running Foxes" which is set in the same Lakes village as "Rex" and features some of the same characters.



Tonight I will be starting "Lakeland Vet" which, again, is set in the Lakes village. This will be the book I take on holiday with me when we go to Belgium for Christmas.

No comments: